Secrets to Facebook Marketing That Actually Work
Almost everyone is on Facebook. That includes your customers too. With over 2 billion Facebook users and over 200 million businesses on Facebook, making the most out of Facebook Marketing so that you can get past all the noise and competition, and target the right customers doesn’t need to be difficult.
Whether you're a seasoned marketer or new to the game, you can create an unbeatable Facebook marketing strategy that can get past the digital noise, and get your brand in front of your customers with these secrets to Facebook marketing
Understanding Your Target Audience
To start, get to know your intended audience through research. This will help you identify not only your target audience but also whether they use Facebook. Here are some steps to start your customer research:
- Create a buyer persona: This will reflect who your ideal customer is. Just imagine them like a regular human. Give them a name, a style, a voice and even a job, and a backstory. Consider their lifestyle and what drives them to make decisions.
- Do a customer analysis: This helps you figure out important information like their age, location, income, pain points, and online behaviour.
- Tailor your messaging: Use what you’ve gathered and be consistent with this across all Facebook posts, like your tone and your brand image.
Now you know who your target audience is, you can customise your Facebook marketing to speak their language and grab their attention.
Create Compelling Visual Content
As people endlessly scroll on Facebook, you need to post organic content to their news feed that will catch their attention. Content like images, videos, and graphics which not only reflect your brand but when done right, will also engage with your Facebook users. Consider their interests, what matters to them, and how you can solve their problems.
Creating relevant and engaging content seems like a lot of work that takes some time to put together, but not trying at all means you’re not earning the attention of potential customers who could be interested in your brand and what you have to offer.
Something that’s really helpful about Facebook is that when you post content, you can link your website within the caption so that you can direct audiences to your online store, or tag products so they can shop instantly.
Reach more of the right people with Facebook Ads
Want to reach more of the right people? Send out some Facebook ads. They work like magic, helping you reach more people, target potential high-value customers and achieve your brand awareness goals. Just set clear objectives, choose the right ad copy, and design impactful landing pages. Facebook is a common sense tool that prompts you to make the best decisions for your Facebook ads. Here are some tips to understand Facebook Ad campaigns:
- Set your objective: What do you want to get out of your campaigns? Whether it's sales, leads, or increased brand awareness, you can set this on your Facebook Ads requirements.
- Select your audience: Use your customer analysis to target your buyer persona based on parameters like age, gender, location, and interests.
- Choose your platform: Utilise the Meta Business Suite to run your ads across Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger.
- Set your budget: Decide your budget and the duration of your ad campaign to avoid overspending. Facebook Ads can help you out with this bit.
- Pick a format: Whether it’s photo, video, or carousel ad formats, make sure it’s visually appealing, relevant and engaging to draw in your audience.
- Publish: When you’re confident that your ads are ready, hit “Publish” to show them to your audience.
- Measure and manage: Use Ads Manager to view results and analyse audience insights, such as impressions, engagement, and purchases, for future ad optimisation.
Build a Community on Your Facebook Page
Humanise your brand by making it relatable and engaging because people are inherently drawn to places of belonging and common interests. Show your audience that you value their opinions and support for your business.
Strong relationships also lead to brand advocacy. Your audience becomes your biggest cheerleaders, sharing positive experiences, leaving reviews, and promoting your products. This generates genuine user-generated content for social proof, and attracts more potential customers.
Leverage User-Generated Content
Your customers can be your biggest advocates! User-Generated content is when your customer posts about your product or service and it’s the best way to get content for your own social channel. It's free, created by your customers who express their love for your brand through their experiences, and it’s one of the most authentic types of content you can share.
Brands that share UGC ultimately gain more trust and purchases from customers. People do what other people do and are inherently influenced by other people’s opinions, making it a powerful method to boost credibility and get more attention for your business.
Utilise Facebook Insights for Smart Decisions
Time to dig into the data! Facebook Insights is like your secret weapon to master your Facebook marketing game. The best insights and charts to consider to supercharge your strategy and drive your success include:
- Performance: This chart shows your ad's reach, clicks, and overall cost. You can track daily results here too!
- Demographics: This reflects how your ad performs across different demographics like age and gender. Hover over each section to see individual results for them and check if your ad campaigns are reaching your target audience.
- Platform: This indicates your ad's performance on various social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram. It reveals where your ad receives the most exposure.
- Delivery: This predicts your ad's actual performance, including reach, impressions, and ad spend. It summarises whether your ad reaches the right audience and achieves the desired impressions.
Implement Retargeting Strategies for More Conversions
Ever noticed ads from a website following you on Facebook? That's retargeting! Sneakily stay on people's minds and bring them back to your brand. Create custom audiences to show them what they've missed, leading to more conversions and happy customers. Here’s how it works so that you can make sure to include it in your marketing strategy:
- Reach audiences who already know you: Use Facebook Pixel to target people who visited your website, app, shop, or Facebook Page. Remind them why they interacted with your brand.
- Create a Custom Audience: Use Facebook Pixel to create a Custom Audience from your list, allowing you to target specific people for retargeting. This helps tailor ads according to where they are in their customer journey, leading to higher conversions.
- Ad types: Reach your audience using any ad type or use remarketing. Dynamic ads display the most relevant products based on their interactions with your brand.
Conduct A/B Testing and Experimentation
Be a mad scientist and experiment with Facebook marketing strategies using A/B testing! Compare different ad versions with varying images, text, audiences, and placement. Show each version to a small group of your target audience, and the tool will reveal which performs better. Then, go big with the winning ad! It's a fun way to discover what resonates with your audience, boosting clicks and engagement. Keep tweaking and testing to watch your results soar!
Foster Long-Term Relationships with Your Audience
Engagement is an interaction between Facebook users and your Facebook business page. Make your business page a place where customers can come to share any questions, feedback or love they have for your brand. Some of the best ways you can do this are:
- Go live: Engage your Facebook users directly in real-time for the best interaction. Use live videos for Q&A sessions, behind-the-scenes glimpses, or product announcements. This generates excitement and encourages engagement with comments and reactions.
- Hold giveaways: Create buzz about your brand and products with this effective method. Encourage people to enter easily by liking, commenting, and sharing the giveaway post, thereby boosting brand awareness among their followers.
- Share user-generated content: Share the awesome content your followers create about your brand! It makes them feel seen, boosts customer engagement, and strengthens relationships.
- Encourage reviews: Positive feedback boosts engagement and credibility for your brand. Respond to all reviews, both positive and negative, to show your appreciation for customer feedback.
Now Take On Facebook Ads!
Now that you’ve got some great tips in your back pocket, it’s time to take Facebook Ads head on. By using our tips, you’ll get to watch your business start to reach brand new heights. You’ll reach new people and connect with your perfect audience!
Need a Hand?
If you’re still unsure on how you can best leverage Facebook as part of your digital marketing strategy, reach out to a Facebook Ads agency! At Dilate, we have a team of data-driven and creative digital marketers, all about boosting your brand and making every day better than it was before. Let’s talk!