Coronavirus, AKA Covid-19 | Our Thoughts Are With Business Owners
Let’s get straight to the point. Coronavirus, AKA Covid-19 is real, it’s happening and it’s having serious effects.
First things first
From the entire Dilate family, we want to extend our well-wishes to each and every one of you during this unsettling time. Our hearts are with anyone experiencing direct or indirect complications as a result.
What is Dilate doing?
At Dilate we pride ourselves on creating an innovative, safe and supportive environment for its people, this pandemic is going to be no different. We have moved our entire team to remote working. It's business as usual and our global team has been geared up to work remotely since 2012.
Resources you may find helpful.
Our team has put together a list of resources, from Government relief to Google Ad credits. For more information check out our COVID-19 Resources article.
How we work remotely
We understand for many businesses working remotely will be a new concept. However, Dilate's team has been doing it for many years now so if you are stuck in any way please don’t hesitate to reach out, we can point you in the right direction. No question is too small, we are here.
Check out some of the work from home vibes out of Dilate this week. #WFH
Where to from here?
We are not going to presume to tell you what to do, or how to handle things. This is a once in a lifetime event and it's not a one size fits all. However from a marketing perspective, here are some things we are doing with our clients that you may wish to consider.
Think long term
- This thing will end and how you are positioned on the other side will be important. Will you need to rebuild from scratch, or are you going to be ready to go when the dust settles?
- Count your blessings. If you can hold in your head you can usually hold it in your hand. Focus on the good things you want to manifest and be a leader for your team. Surround yourself with people that lift you up. (even if that's via a video chat, we understand the limitations at the moment)
Provide Value from a place of Empathy
- The last thing that you want to do in an environment like this is to operate without a sense of empathy. Everyone is doing it tough and you need to be constantly asking yourself "How can my craft help others". Put yourself in your neighbour's shoes and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Time to Innovate
- You may need to pivot and adapt. Your messaging and brand is important. How can you solve the problems for your customers that others aren’t? A lot of businesses have been contacting us to try and move their products and or services online for the first time ever. It's sad that this pandemic was the catalyst for change but if it has taught us anything it has shown us the necessity for a good, strong online presence. Also, look at your pricing and product offers you may need to adjust for this market.
Communicate with your customers
- Stay front of mind. Be empathetic, and take the opportunity to understand what's important to them. Listening to your customers at this time is critical.
- There might be an opportunity for a lower CPC in your industry, invest long term and improve organic rankings or use this time to get your house in order and make some of those website changes you have always wanted to.
Focus on the work
- A lot of people are very anxious atm and there are a lot of distractions. Instead of watching the news back to back, turn off the media for a bit and focus on what is within your control. Focus on your work, on making a difference and getting into your flow state. Two things will happen you will be distracted by all the noise and you will be productive. #winwin
Support each other
- Be real in these times. Do what you can to lift each other up. To support small business and to ensure we all get through this together. Good customer service always and especially at this time goes a long way. It's the small things you can do to communicate that you care that can make the biggest difference. Respect and loyalty is earnt.
- Most businesses would be feeling the effects in some way. So now is the time to reassure your clients. Whether it’s telling them it’s business as usual (if it ain't tell them that too) or what you are doing to combat any concerns they may have. Dilate is here to help. A very easy thing you can do right now just communicate, be honest, be vulnerable and look for opportunities to help your fellow human.
So, time to focus and get to work. It’s a time to innovate and evolve, as Bear Grylls would say- ‘Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.’
If anyone needs help with their business communication relating to this issue, advice on remote working or anything that falls within the expertise of our organisation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. We are here to support your business so that when the time is right you can bounce back stronger and more resilient.
Our thoughts and best wishes are with each and every one of you at this time, and we’re praying for the health and security of you and your families if there’s anything we can do to assist you in this trying time- reach out.
We're currently using Dilate Digital for our business and can not speak highly enough of Bodie and his team. We have tried a few other companies beforehand and after a lot of frustration and disappointment, we've finally found the right people for the job. My husband and I would highly recommend Dilate Digital to anyone.Bree Colgrove