Coronavirus, AKA Covid-19 | Our Thoughts Are With Business Owners
Let’s get straight to the point. Coronavirus, AKA Covid-19 is real, it’s happening and it’s having serious effects.
First things first
From the entire Dilate family, we want to extend our well-wishes to each and every one of you during this unsettling time. Our hearts are with anyone experiencing direct or indirect complications as a result.
What is Dilate doing?
At Dilate we pride ourselves on creating an innovative, safe and supportive environment for its people, this pandemic is going to be no different. We have moved our entire team to remote working. It's business as usual and our global team has been geared up to work remotely since 2012.
How we work remotely
We understand for many businesses working remotely will be a new concept. However, Dilate's team has been doing it for many years now so if you are stuck in any way please don’t hesitate to reach out, we can point you in the right direction. No question is too small, we are here.
Check out some of the work from home vibes out of Dilate this week. #WFH
Where to from here?
We are not going to presume to tell you what to do, or how to handle things. This is a once in a lifetime event and it's not a one size fits all. However from a marketing perspective, here are some things we are doing with our clients that you may wish to consider.
Think long term
- This thing will end and how you are positioned on the other side will be important. Will you need to rebuild from scratch, or are you going to be ready to go when the dust settles?
- Count your blessings. If you can hold in your head you can usually hold it in your hand. Focus on the good things you want to manifest and be a leader for your team. Surround yourself with people that lift you up. (even if that's via a video chat, we understand the limitations at the moment)
Provide Value from a place of Empathy
- The last thing that you want to do in an environment like this is to operate without a sense of empathy. Everyone is doing it tough and you need to be constantly asking yourself "How can my craft help others". Put yourself in your neighbour's shoes and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Time to Innovate
- You may need to pivot and adapt. Your messaging and brand is important. How can you solve the problems for your customers that others aren’t? A lot of businesses have been contacting us to try and move their products and or services online for the first time ever. It's sad that this pandemic was the catalyst for change but if it has taught us anything it has shown us the necessity for a good, strong online presence. Also, look at your pricing and product offers you may need to adjust for this market.
Communicate with your customers
- Stay front of mind. Be empathetic, and take the opportunity to understand what's important to them. Listening to your customers at this time is critical.
- There might be an opportunity for a lower CPC in your industry, invest long term and improve organic rankings or use this time to get your house in order and make some of those website changes you have always wanted to.
Focus on the work
- A lot of people are very anxious atm and there are a lot of distractions. Instead of watching the news back to back, turn off the media for a bit and focus on what is within your control. Focus on your work, on making a difference and getting into your flow state. Two things will happen you will be distracted by all the noise and you will be productive. #winwin
Support each other
- Be real in these times. Do what you can to lift each other up. To support small business and to ensure we all get through this together. Good customer service always and especially at this time goes a long way. It's the small things you can do to communicate that you care that can make the biggest difference. Respect and loyalty is earnt.
- Most businesses would be feeling the effects in some way. So now is the time to reassure your clients. Whether it’s telling them it’s business as usual (if it ain't tell them that too) or what you are doing to combat any concerns they may have. Dilate is here to help. A very easy thing you can do right now just communicate, be honest, be vulnerable and look for opportunities to help your fellow human.
So, time to focus and get to work. It’s a time to innovate and evolve, as Bear Grylls would say- ‘Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.’
If anyone needs help with their business communication relating to this issue, advice on remote working or anything that falls within the expertise of our organisation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. We are here to support your business so that when the time is right you can bounce back stronger and more resilient.
Our thoughts and best wishes are with each and every one of you at this time, and we’re praying for the health and security of you and your families if there’s anything we can do to assist you in this trying time- reach out.
We're currently using Dilate Digital for our business and can not speak highly enough of Bodie and his team. We have tried a few other companies beforehand and after a lot of frustration and disappointment, we've finally found the right people for the job. My husband and I would highly recommend Dilate Digital to anyone.Bree Colgrove
I've been working with small businesses for over a decade now and have been asked dozens of times if I knew anyone who could help with SEO or digital marketing. Up until I met Bodie and the team at Dilate I've never had anyone I could confidently recommend knowing that my clients will be looked after. If you are unsure, have a chat with Bodie and you'll see that Dilate is one of the few digital agencies that is run with total authenticity and integrity. They hold themselves accountable to the results and with ensure you get a measurable ROI. Highly recommended to many clients already and many more to come.Ben Wendel
Though we sell goods and provide services at an efficient rate we were never able to capture online market or acquire new clients. Dilate Digital offers excellent solution for building brilliant relationship with customers. They increased our overall productivity and considerably improved our conversion rate. Well done!THOMPSON LEE
Dilate has been looking after our online marketing needs for over a year now and have been fantastic to deal with. During this time they have undertaken some major projects including a new website build which has helped our business hugely. The team has gone over and above to sort out any issues when they occur and have worked hard to increase our conversion rate and leads. Highly recommend these guys!Luke Porter
Chaise Sofas in Bayswater have been working with the friendly team at Dilate Digital for marketing of our brand for around six months now. Bodie is so enthusiastic at everything he does, and backed up by his expert team of knowledgeable experts in online marketing we're really starting to see results come through. Christine, James, Chris, Rob and Nirmal have all helped Chaise Sofas online presence with an improved web site, higher search rankings and greater social media presence; all making the Chaise Sofas brand more professional. Would highly recommend for cost effective marketing of your business.Merv Skinner
I've had the pleasure to deal with Dilate for about a year now and they have been great in setting up my marketing campaigns, have delivered results and are always very responsive. Bodie was great advising in the beginning and Christine, our account manager, was available all hours of the day, even on her holiday, to put through any necessary changes. Will recommend them to anyone.thtwbroekmeulen